Saturday, August 16, 2014

Incisional Infection!

I posted yesterday about some "blisters" that were around my incision site. I called the doctor to tell them and after sending a pic in to them, they said it looks like I have an incisional infection. 

So...

I'm on cephalexin (an antibiotic) that I take FOUR TIMES a day for a week, and in the meantime I'm back on my scooter. :( a disappointing day for sure. 

This all happened on Friday late afternoon so I couldn't make it in to their office. I'm supposed to go in first thing Monday morning to have it looked at. 

Here is a close up on the infection...

WARNING!

WARNING!

GROSS PICTURE AHEAD!


The yellowish/brown stuff is actually the glue they put over the incision site after removing my stitches. 

The infection is the reddish white circle with pink all around it. All of my skin is peeling around it and it HURTS!!

I just thought it was supposed to be painful around the incision site for a while. But yesterday I had the inclination that maybe the pain was more intense than it should be. 

Glad I called it in.

The sesamoid saga continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment