Sunday, August 24, 2014

One Week after Onset of Incisional Infection - No more antibiotics!

About a week ago, I found out I had an incisional infection in my foot.

They prescribed Cephalexin (antibiotics) and told me to use a warm compress on my foot several times a day to get the blood flowing to that area. They said this would also help the antibiotics take better effect.

I finished my antibiotics yesterday, thank goodness. They made me feel crummy.

They also gave me a big ole' shot in my booty with more antibiotics. Apparently the infection was pretty bad. Most likely it was caused from sweat or other bacteria from my foot that made its' way into the incision site after they removed the stitches. But we aren't entirely sure what happened. The P.A. actually told me she probably should have taken a better look after they removed the stitches and taken the scabs off so she could get a better look at how my foot was healing. Oh well, I guess hindsight is 20/20.

I was told that the less I walk on it, the faster it will heal, which has been extremely difficult because I have been planning a huge surprise birthday party for my husband (which was yesterday and went GREAT)! But I know I have put too much stress on my foot as it is swollen and a little purple. I'm trying to be good now that all the hoopla is over. It was worth it.

I go in tomorrow for a checkup to make sure the infection is gone. It definitely looks better, but it's still a little pink.



I have no idea what to expect from here on out as far as my healing timeline. I don't know if I'll be in the boot for a while longer or not. Anxious to hear. 

More updates to come. Hopefully with good news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment